This document set out our complaints policy. If you are a User of fanattitude, this Complaints Policy forms part of your agreement with us.
Who we are and how to contact us: fanattitude is operated by cqe communication limited. We are a limited company registered in Ireland with company registration number 656185.
Who can use this Complaints Policy? Whether or not you are a User of fanattitude, you can use this Complaints Policy to alert us to any complaint which you have relating to fanattitude.
How to make a complaint: If you have a complaint about fanattitude (including any complaint about Content appearing on fanattitude or the conduct of a User), please send your complaint to [email protected] including your name, address, contact details, a description of your complaint and, if your complaint relates to Content, the URL for the Content to which your complaint relates.
How we will deal with complaints of illegal or non-consensual Content: Following receipt of your complaint of illegal or non-consensual Content :
- we will take such steps as we consider to be appropriate to investigate your complaint within a timescale which is appropriate to the nature of your complaint;
- if we require further information or documents from you, we will contact you to let you know;
- we will in good faith investigate your complaint within seven (7) business days;
- if we are satisfied that the Content is unlawful or non-consensual, we will immediately remove such Content, and we will notify you of our decision by email or other electronic message;
- if we are satisfied that the Content is not unlawful or non-consensual, we will notify you of our decision by email or other electronic message.
Any dispute regarding our determination that Content is non-consensual will be submitted by us to a neutral arbitration association at our expense.
If you have been depicted in any content and would like to appeal removal of such content, please notify us by sending an email here [email protected]. Should there be a disagreement regarding an appeal, you will allow the disagreement to be resolved by a neutral body.
You can also use our contact form. By following the link: Contact Us